Enjoy a few hours with the four-legged friend and bring him to the dog park. Three of the dog parks are fenced, the two dog parks in Ribe are not fenced. Your dog can run free without a leash as long as it is supervised and controlled.
The dog park in Bjerreskovparken by Ribe
Small dog park located in Ribe Nørremark. Fine path systems leading to a small bog. In the middle of the forest there is a large grass area as well as a "sandbox" for dogs to dig in.
The dog park in Tangeskov near Ribe
Free-running area where the dog can be aired without a leash but under supervision and control. The dog park is not fenced.
Dog park in Bramming Vestskov
On a walk with the dog, here the dog can run free in a safe and fenced dog forest.
Sædding Ådal dog park near Esbjerg
Sædding Ådal dog park near Esbjerg is a less fenced area with trees and grass areas and with a path that goes around.
Dog park by Baggesens Allé in Esbjerg
On a walk with the dog in Esbjerg in a small fenced dog forest, which consists of an open area with some trees and bushes.
Fanø Dog Park
A dog park in the middle of Fanø Plantation where you can spend hours with your dog. The nature is unique and beautiful, with wild growth and many different little trails.
Kikkebjerg Dog Park on Fanø
Kikkebjerg Dog Park has room for both play and long walks with your furry friend.
Walking our dogs
The fantastic landscapes of the National Park offers many opportunities for lovely walks and hikes. Both for us humans, as well as our four legged friends.
In order for us to best protect the habitats and inhabitants of the park when we enjoy it with our dogs we have created a list of top tips that are easy to follow:
- Man’s best friend should in principle always be on a lead. Both in nature, as well as in towns. There are many wonderful dog parks, which we use when we want to let them off the lead.
- We are aware that leads in principle ought to be no longer than 1.5 metres. The colour, however, is up to you.
- In the winter months, we know that dogs are allowed off their leads on the large western beaches. In the summer, they can stay in the water, up to the daily level of low tide, for as long as they wish.
- We keep dogs off Blue Flag beaches (200 metres from the flags). We are obviously allowed to pass through – though as far from the water’s edge as possible.
- We always take the plastic bag with us when we have picked up after our dog.
- In fact, we take away any and all rubbish we find, even if it is not our own.
- We don’t let our dogs chase birds into flight. This causes them great distress and uses unnecessary essential energy.
- We respect that not everyone loves four paws and a cold snout – even though our dog wants to be best friends with everyone.
- We ask permission from landowners if our dogs are to run free on private land.
- We follow the Danish law regarding dogs – even in the dog parks. If our dog not come when called, it must be kept on a lead.